|Remove||Item||Quantity × Price|
|Your cart is empty|
The Successful Author Mindset eBook
You'll get 1 PDF, 1 MOBI, 1 EPUB and 1 RTF
Being a writer is not just about typing. It’s also about surviving the roller-coaster of the creative journey.
Self-doubt, fear of failure, the need for validation, perfectionism, writer’s block, comparisonitis, overwhelm, and much more. When you’re going through these things, it can feel like you’re alone. But actually, they are part of the creative process, and every author goes through them too.
This book collects the mindset issues that writers experience, that I have been through myself over the last nine years, and that perhaps you will experience at different times on the creative journey.
Each small chapter tackles a possible issue and then offers an antidote, so that you can dip in and out over time. It includes excerpts from my own personal journals as well as quotes from well-known writers. I hope it helps you on the road to becoming a successful author.
The book includes:
Part 1: Mindset Aspects of Creativity and Writing
- Self-doubt and imposter syndrome
- Need for validation
- Fear of failure
- Fear of rejection and criticism
- Your inner critic
- Fear of judgment
- Writer's block and procrastination
- “I'm not creative. I don't have any ideas”
- “My writing isn't original”
- “Why write? There are too many books in the world already”
- “I don't have the time or self-discipline to write”
- “I'm not finding writing much fun. It's hard work.”
- “I keep starting things and not finishing them”
- Dealing with friends, family and writer's groups
- “How do I find my voice?”
- Comparisonitis or “Everyone is better than me”
Part 2: Mindset Aspects after Publishing
- Anti-climax and creative dissatisfaction
- What is your definition of success?
- What happens when you tell people that you're an author?
- “I'm overwhelmed”
- Dealing with fans, authenticity and drawing the line
- Haters gonna hate
- Ambition, fame and fortune
- Giving up
Part 3: Tips for Success on the Author Journey
- Know thyself
- Understand and hone your creative process
- Develop professional habits
- Manage professional relationships
- Take control of your writing career
- Find your community
- Keep learning
- Schedule rest and take time off
- Think long term. Create a body of work
You will receive the ebook files in multiple formats (ePub, mobi for Kindle, PDF) for download. You will also receive an email from BookFunnel.com with a link to download the book in multiple formats to whichever device you prefer to read on. This is the easiest way to get your book. Happy reading!